Hello Everyone - our "Death by Chocolate" fundraiser will be happening during the El Rito Studio Tour on October 4th and 5th from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
We are in need of chocolate dessert donations for this fundraiser. Please call or e-mail the Library if you are willing to bake, make, or buy a chocolate dessert. There are many great bakers out there - so please considering donating. Thank you.
Our annual Live/Silent Auction will be on December 6, 2014 at the El Rito Library. We are in the process of making a beautiful poster for the auction and would like to include as many names as possible of those who want to commit to donating an item. We need just the committment now and the item in December.
If you are interested in donating for our Auction, please call or e-mail the library. Thank You!
Come join us Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 2:00 pm here at the El Rito Library for a showing of "Split Estate". Your watershed, your health - what you don't know can hurt you!
Brought to you by Rio Arriba Concerned Citizens. A letter writing session will follow the screening for those who woudl like to make their voice heard.
The El Rito Public Library Board is seeking candidates for a new Library Director. Christine Trujillo will be retiring on December 15, 2014 and will train the new director before she leaves. The position is part-time (15-20 hours per week) and pays $16.00 an hour. Minimum qualifications - Preferred: 1) Bachelor's Degree or higher in area related to Library Science. An unrelated Bachelor's Degree or higher will be heavily weighted; 2) experience in grant writing; 3) able to get along with different types of people (good communication skills); 4) organized; 5) supervisory experience; and 6) budget experience. We will consider: 1) associate's degree; and 2) aptitude for grant writing.
More Detailed Duties:
Position is for 15-20 hours a week
Oversee all aspects of library operations which include:
1. Supervise all employees which includes two Assistant Librarians; one Bookkeeper; one Cataloging and Acquisition Person.
2. Oversee the entire budget process and keep abreast of fund balances to ensure there is enough budget to pay employees, pay vendors, etc.
3. Assist Board Members, Friends of the Library and community members in fundraising events.
4. Write grant proposals year round for general operating expenses or specific library programs.
5. Keep up with reporting requirements from different grants that are administered through programs.
6. Ensure that the New Mexico State Library's requirements are met to continue being a fully serviced public library.
7. Establish and maintain liaison and outreach between library and the library service area, other libraries, and the Library Board.
8. Keep up with the Library's e-mail and respond to inquiries as needed.
9. Purchase items necessary to run the library; i.e., office supplies, postage, equipment, etc.
10. Send out thank you letters to money donors and book donors on a monthly basis.
11. Attend meetings when necessary at the El Rito Library Board meetings, Rio Arriba County Commissioners meetings; RAIL meetings; etc.
12. Collaborate and assist with functions with NNMCC; Mesa Vista Consolidated Schools, Forest Service, El Rito District; Las Clinicas del Norte; etc.
13. Ensure all monies are spent for awarded grants and for bond monies that pertain to the Library.
14. Coordinate children and adult literacy programs with students and tutors.
15. Attend training workshops that will enhance how we do business here at the Library.
16. Continue to educate/learn about Library requirements and functions.
If you are interested in the Director position, please contact Board President, Judith Uhrich, at 575-581-0011, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your resume to P.O. Box 181, El Rito, NM 87530.
The Board of Directors' Annual Pancake Breakfast fundraiser is Sunday, June 29, 2014 from 9:00 am to noon. Come join us at the El Rito Public Library for a mouth-watering pancake breakfast to benefit the Library.
Homemade Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs, Juice, and Coffee.
We need to raise enough money to carry us through the end of June and the month of July. Come support YOUR library, visit with neighbors and enjoy a great breakfast!
We are honored to host a book-signing event with Mr. Cipriano Vigil of El Rito! Come join us on Saturday June 14, 2014 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Mr. Vigil will also play some music for us. His hardcover book entitled "New Mexican Folk Music/Cancionero del Folklor Nuevomexicano: Treasures of a People/El Tesoro del Pueblo" (English and Spanish Edition) by Cipriano Frederico Vigil (Author), David García (Editor), Enrique R. Lamadrid (Foreword).
Cipriano Frederico Vigil is the most important performer of traditional Nuevomexicano folk music in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. This bilingual panoramic book presents the songs that are his life's work, spanning half a century of listening, playing, composing, and singing ritual, social, and dance music. New Mexican Folk Music includes much traditional material that has never been seen before or studied by scholars or students. Renowned as a composer, Vigil works in traditional genres such as the romance, the décima, the cuando, and corrido. Like the Mexican group Los Folkloristas with which he apprenticed in the late 1970s, his goal has been to research and master local styles, to introduce new listeners to traditional music, and to build on tradition by creating new compositions that address contemporary social themes. An audio CD accompanies this comprehensive study on the work and music of Cipriano Frederico Vigil. He has been recognized by the New Mexico Endowment for the Humanities and the Smithsonian Institution. He received the New Mexico Governor's Award in 1994. Vigil taught for many years at Northern New Mexico Community College.
The El Rito Public Library is one of many non-profits participating in this huge event statewide. You can help us make history during New Mexico's first ever statewide day of giving. You will have 24 hours to donate to the El Rito Library by making your donation online at http://www.givegrandenm.org
WE NEED YOU DONATIONS TO KEEP OUR DOORS OPEN - SO PLEASE MAKE YOUR DONATION ON
MAY 6, 2014. THANK YOU!
The El Rito Library has two Empire propane heaters for sale. We are selling them for $300.00 each. If you are interested in buying one or both of them, you can see them at the library.